Visiting a bridal boutique for the first time and top tips
The search for your wedding dress can be really exciting but also quite scary at times.Its not quite the same as picking out an outfit for a girlie lunch or dinner date, this is your wedding day! so let's get started.
-Think about your body shape, what style will suit you best and flatter your physic and not draw attention to the bits you don't like! you want to make sure your going to be comfortable
- I looked in bridal magazines for inspiration, i did this over a year before I bought my dress,
- Don't just head straight to the bridal shop look on the high street, boutiques and online. Keep a realistic budget in mind, can you afford that £1000 dress? Remember it's what you look and feel like not how much it cost.
- Which style is most appropriate for your wedding (beach, winter, summer etc)
- Think about style of the dress (v neck, sweetheart, lace trains etc)
- Think about your weight goal (are you happy as your are or do you want to loose weight for the big day) so far I have lost 2 stone in 6months I still haven't reached my goal but I'm almost there.
- Think about alterations, you may like a dress more if you put your own stamp on it.
- Buy a dress that fits you now! Yes I'm still loosing weight but by body type isn't going to completely change it's a a lot cheaper taking a gown in then making a small dress work.
- Remember to bring your accessories (shoes, head band, tiara, earrings, bracelet, etc... anything that you will be wearing along with dress)
- Shop at the right time. Weekdays you will find it to be more relaxing and less bridezillas than you might do on a weekend.
- Who to bring? I actually went in my own on the 1st day so i can think and see which ones fit me better, 2nd day I bought my mum with me, 3rd day my sister come along and that was the day I bought my wedding dress!
- Trust your instincts.
I hope you enjoyed the read.
Expect a few more bridal post the next couple of months for the run up to my wedding day.
Lots of love