- Pick a pumpkin: Although we have a farm on the island that has a pumpkin field, they're fairly cheap but you also have to pay a lot of money just to enter. So like we did last year we let Poppy pick a pumpkin in our local fruit and veg store.
- Halloween costume: Last year we were given a bag of clothes from a friend which had a witch costume in it, Poppy loved it. This year we found a lovely fairy outfit that's so cute on her and fits a treat.
- Halloween treats: Baking or making cakes together, get them stuck in. They will enjoy mixing the batter or helping to ice them afterwards.
- Halloween party: Around this time of the year they have lot of toddler parties around the island but it can also get rather expensive. We have decided to host our second kids Party on the 30th, the kids had so much fun last year.
- Autumn walks: Poppy is loving our walks at the moment, she loves to kick the leaves. We are visiting the ducks when finishes nursery more often, which she really seems to enjoy.
- Conker picking: This year Poppy is old enough to come conker picking. She had so much fun helping put them in the bag and counting them in the park. She also plays with them at home by putting them into jugs and bowls.
-Trick or treat: This year we are taking poppy trick or treating to our friends and family's houses this way she won't be out for too long and it's more special knocking on doors of people we know lol.
-Halloween movies for toddlers: They have so many great films for the little ones like Scooby Doo, hotel Transylvania, Casper, hocus pocus etc
-Halloween keepsake: Pinterest have a great range of arts and crafts for toddlers. Get the paints, glitter and glue. Poppy loves stickers so I've bought two Halloween packs for £1 in Poundland.
-Halloween gift box: If your child is too young for trick or treating or you really like this idea for older children, which I'm doing for poppy, then it's a great way to teach them about Halloween. Find a box, make it look spooky, inside add in an outfit, stickers, treats, a fake rubber spider, a Halloween film, the list goes on...put things inside you know your child will love.
I hope you enjoyed the read
Lots of love